MEXICAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Ready In: 55 Minutes | Servings: 6
- 3 large 4EARTH FARMS Striped Bell Peppers (or regular bell peppers if the striped variety is not available)
- 1lb. lean, ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15oz. can tomato sauce or 12oz. jar of your favorite salsa
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Cut the tops off your 4EARTH FARMS Striped Bell Peppers, remove the stems and chop up the lids. Set aside.
2. Saute the onions first with the coconut oil, then add the turkey in a skillet and cook until just browned. Add the spices, chopped pepper tops and corn and continue cooking until the meat is finished. Don't overcook it as it still needs to bake in the oven.
3. Stuff the peppers tightly with the meat filling.
4. In a small casserole dish, pour the tomato sauce into the bottom of the dish, then place you peppers upright. The casserole dish should be small enough to fit the peppers tightly so they stand upright for baking.
5. Sprinkle 1tbsp. cheese onto each pepper, then place baking dish in the oven.
6. Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes. These taste best if the peppers are not overcooked.
7. Cut the pepper in half, sprinkle with fresh, chopped cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy www.thegraciouspantry.com