CHEESY 4EARTH FARMS ZUCCHINI BAKE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Ready In: 55 Minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 2 medium 4EARTH FARMS Zucchini, cut in slices or half-moon slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut in slices or half-moon slices
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 garlic powder
- 1 cup white cheese (can do 2 cheeses, 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup. Examples are Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, or your choice)
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- kosher salt to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Spray an 8" x 8" baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. Wash the squash and cut in slices or half-moon slices. Wash basil, spin dry or dry with paper towels and finely chop. Slice green onions.
2. Combine squash, chopped basil, sliced green onions, dried thyme, garlic powder, and both kinds of cheese and stir together until the veggies are coated with cheese and herbs are well-distributed. Season with salt and pepper. Put mixture in baking dish and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
3. When the zucchini is nearly cooked through, take the casserole dish out of the oven and sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Put the dish back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and nicely browned and zucchini is fully cooked.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: www.kalynskitchen.com