PINEAPPLE-SRIRACHA GLAZED CHICKEN
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Ready In: 65 Minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 15 ounce can pineapple slices (don't drain)
- 1/2 a large red onion, sliced
- 5 - 5 1/2 pounds chicken leg quarters
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt to pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rinse and dry chicken. (I removed all the skin at this point, just using kitchen shears. But that is a personal preference and is up to you.)
- Make the rub by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Lay the sliced onion down in a large baking dish. Place the chicken on top, and sprinkle the rub over the entire surface of the chicken quarters until its all used up, rub it in.
- Place the slices of pineapple in and around the chicken quarters in the pan, and pour whatever juice is left in the can around the chicken.
- Cover with foil tightly and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes, then remove the foil, place it back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. I use a thermometer to be sure. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In the last 15 minutes of the chicken cooking, make the glaze.
- Begin by bringing the pineapple juice to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Continue the rolling boil until the juice has reduced by half and has begun to thicken. Stir in the sriracha.
- Scoop out about 2-3 TB of the juice and mix together with the cornstarch. Pour back into the pan, whisking continuously until thicken. Sprinkle in a dash of salt and pepper, stir together, and remove from heat.
- To serve, using a pastry brush, rub the glaze all over the chicken, Enjoy!
Recipes courtesy of www.fabtasticeats.com