CHILLED 4EARTH FARMS
SUGAR SNAP PEA SOUP
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Ready In: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 pound 4EARTH FARMS Sugar Snap Peas, ends and string removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour olive oil into a large pot, set over medium heat. Add leeks to hot oil, season with a pinch of salt.
2. Cook, stirring often, until leeks are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour chicken broth into pot with leeks; bring to a boil. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper.
3.Stir peas into boiling broth mixture and add two mint leaves. Bring back to a boil and cook until peas are bright green and have started to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer vegetables into a large blender, leaving liquid in pot. Pour half the liquid from the pot into the blender, place a folded towel on the blender lid, and pulse a few times to chop vegetables. Blend at high speed to puree vegetables. Add remaining liquid from pot to blender and liquify the soup until smooth.
5. Pour soup from blender into a fine mesh strainger set over a bowl and use a spatula to push soup through the strainer, leaving the tough fibrous material behind.
6. Cool soup to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
7. Season cold soup with salt and cayenne pepper. Ladle soup into a serving bowl. Spoon creme fraiche over the top of the soup in a loose spiral. Use a skewer to adjust spiral shape if desired. Cut remaining two mint leaves into strips for garnish and serve.